Welcome to the Holistic Electronics Research Lab at the University of Cyprus.
Our aim is to conduct leading research into electronic circuits & systems using a holistic* approach.
Our methods combine analogue, mixed-signal and asynchronous digital integrated circuit design with custom sensor design (MEMS and optical) in order to find solutions for bio-related or biomimetic systems.
We apply our philosophy using state-of-the-art and upcoming technologies in microelectronics, microsystems and nanosystems.
Primary application areas include:
- ultra low power circuits & systems
- imagers & vision systems
- smart sensors and MEMS devices
- biomedical devices and neuroprosthetics
- neuromorphic, bio-mimetic & bio-inspired electronics
- brain-computer interfaces (BCI)
*holistic: definition (adj.)
- Emphasizing the importance of the whole and the interdependence of its parts.
- Concerned with wholes rather than analysis or separation into parts.